Sunday 21 August 2011

Priorities.....

Swish, swish....Blow Blow. Sorry, just dusting off the cobwebs of this poor neglected little blog right here. If there were to be a charity for the revival of all those abandoned blogs out there, Raindrops and Rubies would be the lonely, puppy-dog-eyed face of it...and I Laura Bibby, clearly too busy basking in a summer of self-indulgent, hedonistic and quite frankly fabulous love, would be the piece de resistance of a 'Most Wanted for Neglect' sign. 


But alas, a precipice of doom has dawned upon me that my long-term boyfriend is vacating this beautiful country of riots, newspaper scandal and Pippa Middleton's bum, for the likes of dirt cheap petrol, Drive-Thru Krispy Creme doughnuts and Gold plated Shopping Malls in the Middle East. Pah, what you will come to realize is that I am not in the slightest bit bothered, will not miss him at all and will definitely not miss all of the fabulous fun that we have had in the city this past year. My sarcasm is WAY too transparent!


So, little blog, you and I are going to form a wonderful and bounteous relationship within which I will projectile vomit my adventures and mutterings and you will be the canvas upon which these are splattered. My final year of university will consist of me cohabiting with the library staff, potentially leading to a civil partnership with the library itself, and the surgical removal of my trusty ball point pen (I hate Biros) from my hand (And while they're at it something to cure my considerable lack of chest). Ideally I would like to finish with a top class degree and some remaining scraps of life and soul that I manage to revive through travelling with my best friend Alice (Hereafter referred to as 'The Hoff'), visiting and distracting my boyfriend (Hereafter referred to as Ajaj) from his own hectic work schedule, and divulging my innermost darkest ponderings through you dear blog. And Throughout all of this I will learn to be a responsible and independent adult ready to take on the entire world and what it throws at me.* 




*Apart from Kitten heels and Chavs....quite frankly I cant really handle either of those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment